Improve your General Knowledge
1. Which of the following Saint known as "Mahboob-ae-Dilli".
Ans : Nizammuddin Aulia
2. The Coin "Rupia" was first issued by—
Ans : Akbar
3. How many Central universities are there in India?
Ans : 17
4. who was the first European to translate the Bhagwat Gita into English?
Ans : Charles Wilkins
5. Tuzuk-i-baburi was a autabiography written by babur in which language—
Ans : Turkish
6. Which mughal emperor was also known as Qalandar?
Ans : babur
7. In 2003, Indian Railways Has completed?
Ans : 150 Years.
8.Which Indian Bank has the highest branches abroad?
Ans : SBI
9. The first Premature dissolution at the lok sabha took place in the year?
Ans : 1970
10. Tasleema's Nasreen's Autobiography?
Ans : Dwekhandita
11. The Office of District collector was created by?
Ans : Warren Hastings
12. what is the national sport of Greece?
Ans : Soccer
13. Which indian hockey player has a road named after him in germany?
Ans : Roop singh
14. In which year was men's hockey included in the Olympics?
Ans : 1924
15. Who gave Kapil Dev the nickname "Harayana Hurricane"?
Ans : Guinness Book of World Records.
16. Which cricketer, after his retirement from the game, served as India's High Commissioner in Australia?
Ans : K. S. Duleepsinghji
17. Who was the only cricketer to feature on a currency note of his country?
Ans : Sir Frank Worrell
18. In the history of Indian Cricket what 'first' does Faroukh Engineer have to his credit?
Ans : He was the first Indian to play County cricket ( for Lancashire in 1968)
19. Who was the only player dismissed for duck in the 1983 World Cup cricket final?
Ans : Kirti Azad (India)
20. Who was the first Hindu to play for the Pakistan national cricket team?
Ans : Anil Dalpat (wicket-keeper)
21. Which Australian cricketer, is nicknamed "Herby"?
Ans : Allan Border.
22. Who scored 99, 98 and 97 in three successive Test innings?
Ans : Clem Hill (Australia), 1902.
23. What is the importance of 14 Dec 1960 in Sports?
Ans : For the first time in cricket history a Test match was tied.
24. Who was the first victim of Kapil Dev in One day Internationals?
Ans : Imran Khan of Pakistan (Quetta October 1, 1978 his first match)
25. Who claimed the first wicket in Test cricket?
Ans : Allen Hill of England
26. "She was initially named Jeevan by her father, but later changed the name. By what name is this singer better known now? "
Ans : Norah Jones
27. Which former Miss India created history by deciding not to take part in the Miss Universe competition?
Ans : Nalini Vishwanathan
28. Which is the youngest and oldest of the new world religions?
Ans : Sikhism and Hinduism
29. In the 1980 film Kalyug which modern day actress played the role of Rekha's son?
Ans : Urmila Matondkar
30. Which is the national animal of Nepal?
Ans : Cow
31. In which Indian state would you find the largest church of Asia?
Ans : Goa
32. The country Suriname is in which continent?
Ans : South America
33. Where was the Durand Cup football tournament first played?
Ans : Shimla
34. JPY is the currency code of which country?
Ans : Japan
35. Who was the captain of India in Sachin Tendulkar's debut Test?
Ans : Krishnamachari Srikkanth
36. Which planet was discovered by William Herschel in 1781?
Ans : Uranus
37. Which country is the world's largest producer of wheat?
Ans : China
38. How do we better know a pugilist?
Ans : Boxer
39. Who wrote the poem 'Venus and Adonis'?
Ans : William Shakespeare
40. How is Sampooran Singh better known?
Ans : Gulzar
41. A.S Dilip Kumar is the original name of which famous music director?
Ans : A.R. Rahman
42. Which company was founded in 1924 by a former cash register salesman Thomas Watson?
Ans : IBM
43. Which Indian politician wrote 'Flight to Parliament'?
Ans : Rajesh Pilot
44. Who among these was the first to climb Mt. Everest without oxygen?
Ans : Phu Dorjee
45. "In computers, which term is used to refer to a collection of databases?"
Ans : Databank
46. What type of a creature is a mamba?
Ans : A snake
47. In which of these lakes are the Honeymoon Island and the Breakfast Island situated?
Ans : Chilka Lake
48. Which Indian President received the Templeton Prize in 1975?
Ans : Dr. S. Radhakrishnan
49. Which was the first Indian film to be nominated for the Oscar?
Ans : Mother India
50. Holi is celebrated in the month of—
Ans : Phalguna
51. Which city is the headquarters of the SAARC?
Ans : Kathmandu
52. Which U.S president won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1906?
Ans : Theodore Roosevelt
53. Which animal is given or lent to other countries by the Chinese government as a mark of friendship?
Ans : Panda
54. What is the more popular name of the Alsatian breed of dogs?
Ans : German Shepherd
55. Which is used to refer to data transfer rates in modem?
Ans : Cps
56. On which island were the extinct bird dodo found?
Ans : Mauritius
57. "Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag, Pravin Amre" what have in common ?
Ans : Century on Test debut
58. "In the English translation of Rabindranath Tagore's 'Gitanjali', which famous poet wrote the introduction? "
Ans : W.B. Yeats
59. 'Tarkash' is a collection of Urdu poetry by which famous lyricist?
Ans : Javed Akhtar
60. Which former US president devised the name 'United Nations'?
Ans : Franklin D. Roosevelt
61. Which Indian won a Grammy award in the 2002 Grammy Awards?
Ans : Pandit Ravi Shankar
62. Aristotle was the teacher of which famous emperor?
Ans : Alexander the Great
63. "In 1980, the Indian government issued a stamp to honour which hockey legend?"
Ans : Dhyan Chand
64. Which of these actors played a negative role in Steven Spielberg's 'Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom'?
Ans : Amrish Puri
65. Who is the only cricketer to have played Test cricket for both England and India?
Ans : Iftikhar Ali Khan Pataudi
66. How is Badruddin Jamaluddin Kazi better known?
Ans Johnny Walker
67. Which of these games is also called 'Ping-Pong'?
Ans : Table tennis
68. Who has won the Nobel Prize twice?
Ans : Marie Curie
69. Who played the role of the young Raj Kapoor in the film 'Awara'?
Ans : Shashi Kapoor
70. Which of these computer languages was developed from an earlier language BCPL?
Ans : C
71. Which country was ruled by Mustafa Kemal Atatürk?
Ans : Turkey
72. By what name is the software program Multiplan now known?
Ans : MS Excel
73. By what name is actor R.K. Tuli better known?
Ans : Rajendra Kumar
74. "In 1640, which city was founded by Francis Day ?"
Ans : Madras
75. "In computers, what is the full form of OMR?"
Ans : Optical Mark Reading
76. Which famous director is the nephew of Dev Anand?
Ans : Shekhar Kapur
77. "In computers, which of these terms is used to refer to a temporary memory for data?"
Ans : Buffer
78. Who used the screen name 'Baby Rani' as a child actress?
Ans : Nargis
79. Who was the last ruler of the Delhi Sultanate ?
Ans : Ibrahim Lodi
80. Who was the first Asian to swim across the English Channel?
Ans : Mihir Sen
81. Who was the first Indian to participate in the Wimbledon tennis tournament?
Ans : Sardar Nihal Singh
82. Which is the most used metal in the world?
Ans : Iron
83. Who was the first Roman Catholic president of USA?
Ans : John F. Kennedy
84. Name the first artificial satellite launched by man.
Ans : Sputnik 1
85. "In Germany, who among these was known as Kaiser?"
Ans : Emperor
86. Which of these cities is both in Europe and Asia?
Ans : Istanbul
87. Which is the longest river in Asia?
Ans : Yangtze
88. Which Indian actresses acted in the film 'City of Joy'?
Ans : Shabana Azmi
89. Which game was once known as battledore?
Ans : Badminton
90. In which continent is the Gibson Desert?
Ans : Australia
91. Which is the hardest naturally occurring substance known to man?
Ans : Diamond
92. What was the name of the first personal computer?
Ans : Altair
93. Which planet was discovered by the American astronomer Clyde W.Tombaugh?
Ans : Pluto
94. "Which of these elements was discovered by Pierre Curie, Marie Curie and G. Bemont?"
Ans : Radium
95. What do we call a device for connecting computer network that has the facilities of both a bridge and a router?
Ans : Brouter
96. After which Prime Minister was Connaught Place renamed?
Ans : Rajiv Gandhi
97. Which hill station of India became an autonomous state in 1970?
Ans : Meghalaya
98. Which city became the capital of Punjab immediately after Independence?
Ans : Shimla
99. Who was given the title of 'Kavi Priya' by Akbar?
Ans : Birbal
100. Which term is used to describe a computer having the characteristics of both digital and analog computers?
Ans : Hybrid computer